The walls of this building contain history and memories of the earlier days of Hudsonville.
In 1949, this building was constructed as a car dealership, under the name of DeWeerd-Hartman Chevrolet, later re-named Hartman Chevrolet. Two additions were constructed over the years in 1964 and 1969, adding on both a repair garage and a parts department.
Throughout the years the building has sat vacant and utilized for storage. This space was identified as a key redevelopment site and was purchased by the City of Hudsonville as a new home for the farmer’s market.
As a community we will come together in this space, we will celebrate our heritage and create new memories as we write our story in years to come.